Job Description: We are looking for an enthusiastic and certified instructor to join our team. The chosen applicant will be in charge of creating and executing efficient courses that cater to the demands of a wide range of learners. They will also be asked to collaborate with other instructors and staff members, give feedback to students and parents, and take part in professional development events.
Job Position: Teacher
Job Location: Whitehorse, YT
Company: The Heart of Riverdale Community Center
Salary: $24.50 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Create and present efficient courses that are tailored to the needs of a variety of student populations.
- Utilize a range of educational techniques and tools to engage and inspire pupils.
- evaluate student progress and give parents and students feedback
- Keep thorough records of students’ academic progress and attendance.
- Work together with other educators and staff to promote students’ academic success
- Engage in professional development programs to advance your knowledge and abilities as a teacher.
- Observe school rules and regulations on discipline, behavior, and safety of students in the classroom.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers, parents, and students
- education or a closely similar field bachelor’s degree
- A teaching credential or license that is current in Canada
- Knowledge of Canadian curriculum and educational standards and experience teaching in a Canadian educational setting
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- the capacity to cooperate with parents and coworkers
- dedication to lifelong study and professional development
- enthusiasm for education and a desire to improve pupils’ lives
- Please send a cover letter, résumé, and references to [insert contact information] if you are interested in applying for this position. Although we appreciate the attention of all candidates, we will only contact those who will be contacted for an interview.
How Does the Teacher Work?
The fundamental duty of a teacher is to support pupils’ growth and learning. This include building a good and encouraging learning environment, planning and delivering effective classes, evaluating student learning, and giving feedback to both students and parents.
Here are some particular duties that a teacher may have:
- Lesson planning and preparation: A teacher is in charge of drafting lesson plans that are in line with the goals and standards of the curriculum. To engage students and make learning enjoyable, teachers may employ a range of instructional strategies and tools.
- Teaching: A teacher instructs students using a range of media, including lectures, conversations, group projects, and multimedia presentations.
- Through quizzes, examinations, assignments, and projects, a teacher examines each student’s performance and growth. They make necessary adjustments to instruction based on this data to pinpoint areas where students need additional support.
- Giving feedback: A teacher gives pupils comments on their performance and development, emphasizing their strengths and areas for development. Parents may receive feedback from them regarding their child’s development.
- Managing the classroom: A teacher establishes a secure and encouraging learning environment for their students. They establish and uphold standards for the classroom, deal with issues of student behavior, and foster a welcoming and inclusive learning environment.
- Working together with other teachers and staff members: A teacher collaborates with other educators to build a welcoming and productive learning community. They might share resources, work together to serve the needs of the children, and collaborate on lesson ideas.
- A teacher participates in continual professional development to stay current on new teaching techniques, academic trends, and curricular alterations. To improve their talents, they could go to conferences, workshops, or further classes.
- Overall, a teacher’s influence on student’s academic, social, and emotional growth is critical, and their efforts are vital to building a brighter future for all.
Experiences in Education and Training
- Education and training experiences relate to the formal and informal learning opportunities that people have taken use of to develop their expertise in a given profession. Depending on the person’s educational background, job objectives, and personal interests, these encounters might differ substantially. Following are a few typical illustrations of educational and training experiences:
- Formal education is the term used to describe the organized and methodical learning that takes place in places like schools, colleges, and universities. Academic and occupational courses can be included in formal education, which can lead to the awarding of degrees, diplomas, or certificates.
- On-the-job training is the term used to describe learning that occurs while a person is employed in a specific job or industry. Mentoring, apprenticeships, or other types of practical learning can be a part of on-the-job training.
- Professional development is the on-going education that professionals pursue to increase their expertise, competences, and knowledge in their industry. Taking additional classes or attending conferences and workshops can all be part of professional growth.
- Self-directed learning: This is the informal learning that people do on their own, frequently motivated by their own interests or pastimes. Reading books, viewing videos, attending webinars, or taking online courses are all examples of self-directed learning.
- Continuous learning is referred to as continuing education and is what people do to keep up with developments in their fields of study or employment. Regulatory agencies or professional associations could demand continuing education, which can involve enrolling in classes or attending seminars.
- All things considered, education and training experiences are crucial for people to develop the information, abilities, and competences required for success in both their professional and personal life. They are necessary for maintaining competitiveness in today’s world of rapid change as well as for personal development and career advancement.
Compensation and Benefits
Any job’s pay and perks are crucial components that can significantly affect a worker’s quality of life. Following are some standard components of compensation and benefit packages:
Base salary: The monetary compensation an employee receives on a regular basis in exchange for their job. The basic pay may depend on the job’s industry and location, the employee’s level of education and experience, the pay scale the employer uses, and more.
Bonuses and incentives: Some firms might give workers bonuses or rewards for reaching particular milestones. This can take the shape of stock options, cash bonuses, or other awards.
Health and dental insurance are frequently provided by employers as a part of their benefits package. This may cover prescription drugs, other healthcare costs, as well as coverage for medical, dental, and eye care.
Pension programs, 401(k) plans, and other retirement savings plans are examples of retirement benefits that employers may provide. These programs enable employees to contribute to their retirement and may also include company matching payments.
Employers may provide paid time off for vacations, holidays, and sick days. Employees are able to take time off without losing money because of this.
Flexible work schedules, telecommuting, and part-time employment are all options that certain employers may provide. Employees may benefit from more flexibility and work-life balance as a result.
Benefits related to education and training: Employers may provide benefits related to education and training like tuition reimbursement, opportunities for professional development, or continuing education classes. Employees may benefit from this by gaining new skills and advancing their careers.
Overall, compensation and perks are key factors for job seekers to take into account because they can significantly affect quality of life and job satisfaction. The other components of the benefits package should also be taken into account when assessing employment offers in order to determine the total worth of the offer, in addition to the basic income.
In conclusion, a teacher’s influence on students’ academic, social, and emotional growth is significant, and their work is crucial in building a brighter future for everyone. People need education and training experiences in order to develop the information, abilities, and competences required for success in both their professional and personal life. In addition to being crucial factors for job seekers, compensation and benefits can significantly affect quality of life and job satisfaction. The other components of the benefits package should also be taken into account when assessing employment offers in order to determine the total worth of the offer, in addition to the basic income. People can make wise job decisions and endeavor to fulfill their ambitions and goals by taking into account all of these elements.
How to apply for this Job
By email firstname.lastname@example.org
Include this reference number in your application #THOR-2022-01 How-to-apply instructions Here is what you must include in your application: Job reference number This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying: Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?