Job Description: To assist our team, we are looking for a competent and organized administrative assistant. The chosen applicant will be in charge of offering administrative and clerical support, making sure that the office runs well on a daily basis. The administrative assistant will work closely with each team member and answer to the office manager.
Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Derry Road & Goreway Dr.Mississauga, ON L4T 0B4
Company: Aptech employment ltd
Salary: $26.50 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 35 Hours a week
- Respond to and route emails and phone calls in a professional manner.
- Perform different clerical tasks such filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, and mailing. Greet customers, visitors, and suppliers in a polite and inviting manner.
- Keep an inventory of office supplies and place orders as necessary.
- Set up appointments, gatherings, and activities.
- help with report and presentation preparation
- Organize and coordinate your trip plans.
- maintain and update filing systems and databases
- as required, assist with HR and accounting tasks
- Manage sensitive data while maintaining privacy.
- carry out additional administrative tasks as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated experience as an administrative assistant or office administrator
- Strong time-management and organizational abilities Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- excellent multitasking and task prioritization skills
- knowledge of office supplies like printers and scanners
- understanding of office practices and fundamental accounting concepts
- Strong interpersonal abilities and capacity for teamwork
- the capacity to manage sensitive information and maintain secrecy
Education and Work History:
High school diploma or its equivalent is necessary; an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline is preferable.
Income and Perquisites:
- Salary commensurate with credentials and experience
- dental, vision, and health insurance
- Savings for retirement with an employer match
- vacation days and paid time off
- Please send your resume and cover letter for consideration if you fulfill the requirements and are interested in the employment. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply because we are an equal opportunity company.
What is the role of an administrative assistant?
- In an office setting, an administrative assistant is in charge of offering administrative and clerical support to an individual or a team. Depending on the business or organization, an administrative assistant’s responsibilities may vary, however they typically consist of the following:
- Administrative assistants are frequently the initial point of contact for clients and customers, answering and directing calls and emails. They respond to incoming calls and emails and route them to the proper parties.
- Administrative assistants are responsible for managing the calendars of the people they help as well as setting up meetings and appointments.
- File and database organization and upkeep is the responsibility of administrative assistants who make sure that all information is current and simple to access.
- Helping with travel arrangements: Administrative assistants aid in the planning and coordination of travel for the individuals they support.
- Writing and preparing correspondence: Administrative assistants write and prepare memos, emails, and other types of correspondence.
- Meeting and event planning: Administrative assistants aid in planning meetings and events to make sure everything is well-organized and goes as planned.
- common office tasks: Administrative assistants carry out common office tasks like mailing, faxing, scanning, and photocopying.
- Administrative assistants may handle private information, such as personnel files or financial records, but they are required to maintain confidentiality.
- All things considered, administrative assistants are essential to making sure that the office operates smoothly and that the people they help are able to effectively carry out their job responsibilities.
In making sure an office environment runs smoothly, administrative assistants are crucial. In addition to managing calendars, files, and databases, they also assist with travel arrangements, draft and prepare correspondence, plan meetings and events, perform general office duties, and handle confidential information among other things. Strong organizational and time-management abilities are required for their work, as well as familiarity with office programs like Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite. Any organization’s success depends on its administrative staff, who are frequently the foundation of the workplace.
How to apply for this Job
By email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying: Are you available for the advertised start date? Are you currently legally able to work in Canada? Do you have previous experience in this field of employment? What is the highest level of study you have completed?