Job Summary: As a Feedlot Foreman, you will play a pivotal role in managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of our feedlot facility. You will be responsible for supervising a team of feedlot workers and ensuring efficient and safe operation of the feedlot. Your expertise and leadership skills will be crucial in maintaining herd health, maximizing production, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
Job Position: Feedlot Foreman
Job Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Company: Roy Leitch Livestock Co. Ltd.
Salary: $18.00 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Supervise a team of feedlot workers, providing guidance, training, and support as needed.
- Oversee the feeding and care of livestock, ensuring that animals are provided with proper nutrition and healthcare.
- Monitor herd health and identify and address any signs of illness or distress promptly.
- Manage feed inventories, ensuring an adequate supply of feed and proper storage.
- Coordinate with veterinarians and nutritionists to develop and implement herd health and nutrition programs.
- Maintain accurate records of feed consumption, health treatments, and other relevant data.
- Monitor and maintain feedlot equipment, reporting any issues for repairs or maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement strategies for improving feedlot operations and efficiency.
- Perform administrative tasks such as employee scheduling, payroll, and budget management.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certifications in agriculture or animal science is preferred.
- Proven experience working in a feedlot or livestock production environment.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- In-depth knowledge of animal husbandry practices, herd health management, and nutrition.
- Familiarity with feedlot equipment and maintenance procedures.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with record-keeping software.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A strong commitment to animal welfare and sustainable agricultural practices.
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications to Via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for considering Roy Leitch Livestock Co. Ltd. as your potential employer.