Position Overview: We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Factory Maintenance Technician to join our team in Canada. As a Factory Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of our factory equipment and machinery. Your expertise in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems will play a crucial role in maintaining a safe and productive working environment. If you have a passion for ensuring the smooth functioning of industrial equipment and enjoy working in a dynamic manufacturing environment, we invite you to apply.
Job Position: Factory Maintenance Technician
Job Location: Unnamed Road, Hermitage, NL
Company: Hermitage Processing Inc.
Salary: $17.50 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Perform regular inspections and preventive maintenance tasks on factory machinery, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Respond promptly to equipment breakdowns, troubleshoot the root cause, and execute timely repairs to minimize downtime and maintain production schedules.
- Conduct routine maintenance activities such as lubrication, filter changes, belt replacements, and calibration of equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Collaborate with production and quality control teams to identify equipment issues affecting product quality or production efficiency and propose solutions.
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of new equipment, ensuring proper functioning and adherence to safety guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work performed, parts used, and equipment condition, using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, company policies, and industry standards while performing maintenance tasks.
- Coordinate with external service providers and vendors for specialized repairs, equipment upgrades, or sourcing of spare parts.
- Continuously monitor equipment performance, analyze data, and suggest improvements to enhance reliability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Stay updated on technological advancements and industry best practices related to factory maintenance to ensure skill enhancement and application of modern techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification; technical certification or diploma in a relevant field is preferred.
- Proven experience (X years) as a Factory Maintenance Technician or similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, including the ability to read technical drawings, schematics, and manuals.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment, such as conveyors, motors, pumps, compressors, and PLC systems.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) for maintenance planning, work order management, and inventory control.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose complex equipment issues and implement effective solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards in maintenance activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and regulations related to factory maintenance.
- Physical stamina and the ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including standing, bending, and lifting heavy objects.
If you are a motivated and skilled Factory Maintenance Technician with a passion for ensuring the smooth operation of industrial machinery, we encourage you to apply for this position. Join our team and contribute to the success of our manufacturing operations.
How to apply?
1 – 3 Plant Road