Job Summary: As a Fish Processing Labourer, you will play a vital role in our production process, ensuring the efficient processing of fish products while adhering to food safety standards. Your primary responsibilities will include cleaning and filleting fish, operating processing equipment, packaging products, and maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment. This is a physically demanding role that requires attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Position: Fish Processing Labourer
Job Location: Burnaby, BC
Company: Van seas Wholesale processing Inc
Salary: $17.00 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Clean, fillet, and trim fish according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Operate processing equipment, such as knives, scales, and cutting machines, while following safety protocols.
- Package and label processed fish products for storage and shipment, ensuring accurate weights and quantities.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area by following hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Inspect and sort fish products for quality assurance, identifying and removing any defective items.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks, storing supplies, and organizing inventory.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and company policies to ensure the production of high-quality products.
- Collaborate with team members and supervisors to meet production targets and maintain a smooth workflow.
- Report any equipment malfunctions, safety hazards, or product quality issues to the supervisor promptly.
- Follow all workplace health and safety guidelines, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Previous experience in a fish processing or seafood industry is preferred but not required. We provide on-the-job training for motivated individuals.
- Physical stamina and the ability to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure product quality and accuracy in processing tasks.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to food safety regulations and company policies.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to collaborate effectively with colleagues and supervisors.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- A positive attitude, reliability, and a strong work ethic.
How to apply?
3777 Keith streetBurnaby, BCV5J 3B9
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?