Job Overview: As a Honey Farm Worker, you will play a crucial role in the production and maintenance of honey at a Canadian honey farm. You will work in a team-oriented environment, supporting various tasks involved in honey production, hive management, and overall farm operations. This role requires physical stamina, attention to detail, and a genuine interest in the beekeeping industry.
Job Position: Honey Farm Worker
Job Location: 521 Chemin des Prés Ouest, Rimouski, Quebec, Canada, G5N1X9
Company: LE CHATEAU BLANC, APICULTURE INC.
Salary: $15.25 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Hive Management: Assist in the inspection, maintenance, and management of beehives, including handling bees, checking hive health, and monitoring honey production.
- Honey Extraction: Participate in honey extraction processes, such as uncapping frames, operating honey extractors, and filtering honey to ensure high-quality production.
- Harvesting and Packaging: Assist in the harvesting of honey, including collecting honey frames from hives, extracting honey, and packaging it for storage or sale.
- Bee Health: Help maintain the health and well-being of bees by identifying and reporting signs of disease, pests, or other issues to ensure prompt action can be taken.
- Equipment Maintenance: Support the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of beekeeping equipment, such as hives, frames, and extractors, to ensure their longevity and efficient use.
- Farm Maintenance: Assist in general farm maintenance tasks, including cleaning work areas, repairing fences, and assisting with equipment setup.
- Safety Compliance: Follow all safety guidelines and procedures to maintain a safe working environment for yourself, team members, and the bees.
- Record-Keeping: Maintain accurate records of hive inspections, honey production, and other relevant data as required by the farm.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with other farm workers and beekeepers, collaborating on tasks, sharing knowledge, and supporting each other to achieve farm goals.
- Continuous Learning: Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and new techniques in beekeeping through ongoing learning and training opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in beekeeping or related agricultural work is preferred but not mandatory.
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment, in various weather conditions.
- Ability to work with bees and be comfortable wearing protective beekeeping gear.
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy boxes or equipment as required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and willingness to learn.
- Valid driver’s license may be required for certain farm locations.
How to apply?