Job Description: We are currently seeking dedicated and motivated individuals to join our team at a reputable poultry farm in Canada. As a part of our farm operation, you will play a vital role in the production and maintenance of poultry products. If you are passionate about working with animals, have a strong work ethic, and are eager to contribute to the agricultural industry, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Feeding and watering poultry: You will be responsible for ensuring that the poultry receive proper nutrition and hydration on a daily basis. This includes monitoring feed levels, distributing feed, and maintaining clean water sources.
- Monitoring and maintaining flock health: You will closely observe the poultry for signs of illness or distress, promptly reporting any concerns to the supervisor. You may be required to administer vaccinations or medications under supervision.
- Cleaning and maintaining farm facilities: Keeping the poultry houses, coops, and surrounding areas clean and sanitized is essential for maintaining a healthy environment. This involves removing waste, regularly disinfecting surfaces, and ensuring proper ventilation.
- Collecting eggs: You will be responsible for gathering eggs from the nests and ensuring they are properly stored and handled. This may involve inspecting eggs for quality and sorting them according to size or weight.
- Assisting with poultry processing: During processing seasons, you may be involved in activities such as catching and handling poultry, preparing them for transportation, or assisting in the processing plant.
- Recordkeeping: Maintaining accurate records of feed consumption, flock health, egg production, and other relevant data is crucial for effective farm management. You will be expected to document daily activities and report them to the supervisor.
- Adhering to safety and biosecurity protocols: Ensuring the safety and well-being of the poultry, fellow workers, and visitors is of utmost importance. You will be required to follow biosecurity measures, use personal protective equipment (PPE), and adhere to health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Previous experience working on a poultry farm is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of poultry husbandry practices, including feeding, watering, and disease prevention.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects and work in physically demanding conditions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to comply with farm and industry regulations, including biosecurity protocols.
Salary and benefits for poultry farm jobs in Canada can vary depending on factors such as the farm's location, size, and the employee's level of experience. However, here are some general guidelines:
- Entry-level positions: The starting salary for entry-level poultry farm workers typically ranges from CAD 14 to CAD 18 per hour.
- Experienced workers and specialized roles: With more experience or specialized skills, such as farm management or veterinary knowledge, salaries can range from CAD 18 to CAD 25 per hour or higher.
- Health insurance: Many poultry farms offer health insurance benefits to their employees, which may include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement plans: Some farms provide retirement plans, such as registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs) or pensions, to help employees save for their future.
- Paid time off: Employees may be eligible for paid vacation days, sick leave, and statutory holidays.
- Employee discounts: Some farms may offer discounts on poultry products or other farm-related items to their employees.
- Training and career development: Farms often provide training opportunities to help employees enhance their skills and advance their careers within the industry.
- Housing and accommodation: Depending on the farm's location, housing or accommodation may be provided for employees, especially for those working in remote areas.
It's important to note that these salary and benefits figures are approximate and can vary depending on various factors. It's advisable to check with specific poultry farms or employers for accurate information about their compensation and benefits packages.
Note: Please keep in mind that specific job titles and responsibilities may vary depending on the poultry farm's size, type of operation (meat or egg production), and location within Canada.
How to apply
6811 Line 86
Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM