Position: Fish Processing Labourer
Location: Canada (Open to Foreign Applicants)
- No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Will train
Are you an adventurous and hardworking individual looking to immerse yourself in the vibrant Canadian seafood industry? Do you have a passion for sustainable fishing practices and want to be a part of the process that brings fresh seafood to the tables of millions of people worldwide? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are a leading seafood processing company based in Canada, committed to delivering the highest quality fish and seafood products to our customers. Our state-of-the-art facilities are equipped with the latest technology, ensuring that we maintain the utmost standards in food safety, hygiene, and environmental sustainability.
As a Fish Processing Labourer, you will play a vital role in our operation, working closely with a diverse team of individuals dedicated to processing fish and seafood efficiently. This hands-on role involves several key responsibilities:
1. Filleting and Trimming: You will be responsible for filleting and trimming fish with precision, adhering to our strict quality standards. Properly processing fish is essential to ensure that our customers receive top-notch products.
2. Packing and Sorting: Working in the packaging section, you will carefully sort and pack the processed fish to prepare them for shipping. Attention to detail is crucial to maintain the integrity of our products during transit.
3. Quality Control: You will actively participate in quality control procedures, ensuring that only the highest-grade products make their way to market. This will involve regular inspections and reporting any issues to supervisors.
4. Equipment Maintenance: Keeping our processing equipment in optimal condition is essential for smooth operations. You will be required to perform routine maintenance tasks and report any malfunctions promptly.
5. Health and Safety: Our commitment to safety is paramount. You will be responsible for following all health and safety protocols to create a safe work environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- No previous experience is required; however, previous fish processing or food industry experience is an asset.
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle physically demanding tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and communicate well with colleagues and supervisors.
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
- Flexibility to work in different shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Our processing facility offers a dynamic and multicultural work environment, with team members from various backgrounds and experiences. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities for all employees.
While proficiency in English is beneficial, we welcome applicants from all linguistic backgrounds. Basic English language skills for communication and safety purposes will be necessary.
How to Apply:
If you are enthusiastic about joining our team and playing a key role in the Canadian seafood industry, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your application, including your resume and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your relevant skills.