Company Overview: Our farm is a sustainable and organic agricultural operation located in Canada. We are dedicated to producing high-quality, nutritious, and environmentally responsible food. As a Farm Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop essential skills in organic farming practices, animal care, and farm management. We are committed to providing a supportive learning environment that encourages growth and creativity.
Job Summary: We are seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join our team as a Farm Apprentice. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in all aspects of farm operations. As a Farm Apprentice, you will work closely with experienced farmers and participate in various tasks such as planting, harvesting, tending to livestock, and maintaining farm infrastructure. This role is designed for individuals who are eager to learn, willing to work hard, and have a genuine interest in sustainable agriculture.
- Assist with planting, cultivating, and harvesting a variety of crops following organic farming practices.
- Care for and manage livestock, including feeding, watering, and maintaining animal health.
- Maintain and repair farm equipment, tools, and infrastructure.
- Participate in soil preparation, composting, and pest control activities.
- Monitor and manage irrigation systems, ensuring proper water distribution to crops.
- Help with marketing and selling farm products at local farmers' markets or through other distribution channels.
- Support the maintenance of farm records, including inventory, crop yields, and animal health records.
- Collaborate with the farm team to implement sustainable farming practices and contribute to ongoing farm improvement initiatives.
- Participate in educational opportunities, workshops, and training programs to enhance farming knowledge and skills.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and regulations to maintain a safe working environment.
- Passion for sustainable agriculture and a strong desire to learn and develop farming skills.
- Excellent work ethic, including the ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Basic knowledge of agricultural practices and principles is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of following instructions accurately.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record (if required for farm-related tasks).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Willingness to adapt to changing farm needs and take on new responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Hands-on learning experience in sustainable and organic farming practices.
- Opportunity to work closely with experienced farmers and gain mentorship.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Access to farm-fresh produce and products.
- Potential for advancement and growth within the organization.
- Positive and supportive work environment.
The salary for a Farm Apprentice in Canada can vary depending on factors such as location, farm size, and experience level. As a general guideline, the salary range for a Farm Apprentice in Canada can be between CAD 25,000 to CAD 35,000 per year. Please note that these figures are approximate and subject to variation. The specific salary details can be discussed further during the interview and negotiation process.
To apply for the position of Farm Apprentice, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your interest in sustainable agriculture and your relevant experience. We appreciate all applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply?
450-247-2787 extension 236 Between 01:00 AM and 02:00 AM
564 CHEMIN COVEY-HILL
564 CHEMIN COVEY-HILL
Between 01:00 AM and 02:00 AM
Here is what you must include in your application:
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
Are you available for the advertised start date?