Job Description: In Canada, we are looking for a Housekeeping Attendant to join our team. For the benefit of both guests and staff, the Housekeeping Attendant is in charge of upholding a clean and hygienic atmosphere. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, upbeat, and willing to go above and beyond to make our guests’ stays comfortable and pleasurable.
Job Position: Housekeeping attendant
Job Location: 3880 4th AvenueSmithers, BC V0J 2N3
Company: Sunshine Inn Estates Ltd.
Salary: $27.50 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 35 Hours a week
- Clean and maintain the restrooms, lobbies, and other common areas, as well as the guest rooms.
- Make beds, swap out the sheets and towels, and clean the rooms.
- Replace and replenish supplies of toilet paper, soap, and other necessities.
- Mop, sweep, and vacuum the floor.
- Clean all surfaces, especially those on furniture and fixtures, of dust.
- Clear the recycling and garbage cans.
- Inform management of any maintenance or repair difficulties.
- In a fast, courteous, and professional manner, respond to visitor requests and grievances.
- Keep a supply of cleaning goods and equipment on hand.
- abide by all rules and guidelines on health and safety
- equivalent to a high school diploma
- Housekeeping or a related industry prior experience is preferred.
- understanding of cleaning agents, appropriate methods for storage, and disposal
- the capacity to work autonomously and adhere to directions
- strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- flexibility in work hours, especially on weekends and during holidays
- Possess the necessary physical strength to lift, carry, and move cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Citizenship of Canada, permanent residency, or a working visa
Income and Perquisites:
The credentials and experience required for this post will determine the pay scale. We also provide a full range of benefits, including as paid time off, employee discounts, medical, dentistry, and vision insurance.
What does an attendant in housekeeping do?
In a variety of contexts, including hotels, hospitals, and other hospitality businesses, a housekeeping attendant is in charge of ensuring that the atmosphere is clean and hygienic for both visitors and workers. A housekeeping attendant may do the following tasks:
- cleaning and maintaining public spaces like restrooms, lobbies, and hallways, as well as guest rooms.
- Making mattresses, switching out towels, and organizing spaces.
- replenishing and replacing supplies of toilet paper, soap, and other necessities.
- sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning the floor.
- surface dusting and cleaning, including of fixtures and furniture.
- removing the trash and recyclables.
- reporting to management any maintenance or repair problems.
- delivering timely professional and polite responses to guest requests and complaints.
- keeping an inventory of cleaning tools and materials.
- adhering to all health and safety rules and guidelines.
- In order to make sure that guests have a pleasant and happy stay, housekeeping staff is essential. They are in charge of keeping both the personnel and visitors in a tidy, secure, and welcoming atmosphere. Additionally, cleaning staff members need to be self-sufficient, pay close attention to detail, and have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
Experiences in Education and Training
Typically, a high school diploma or its equivalent is needed to work as a housekeeping attendant. Some employers, however, would favor applicants who have certification in housekeeping or a related sector.
The employer frequently offers on-the-job training for the position. Topics including cleaning methods, the correct use and storage of cleaning supplies and equipment, customer service abilities, and health and safety requirements may all be included in the training.
In rare circumstances, industry associations, community colleges, or vocational institutions may offer official training programs. These courses could cover subjects including cleaning techniques, customer service, and housekeeping skills.
Housekeeping attendants may have access to chances for continuing education and training to improve their expertise in the industry. This can entail going to seminars or conferences, being certified, or taking part in training courses organized by your employer.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications and experience if you are interested in the position. We appreciate the attention of all candidates, however we will only contact those who will be contacted for an interview.
By email: email@example.com
Include this reference number in your application RA-221221 How-to-apply instructions Here is what you must include in your application: Job reference number Cover letter This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying: Are you available for shift or on-call work?
In conclusion, a cleaning attendant is an important element of the team in charge of keeping the space clean and welcoming for visitors and personnel. They are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the public spaces and guest rooms, as well as other tasks like dusting, vacuuming, emptying the garbage, and changing the towels and bedding.
Despite the fact that formal training programs may be offered to advance skills and knowledge in the industry, a high school diploma or its equivalent is normally necessary. Additionally, housekeeping attendants should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, and the capacity to work autonomously.
In order to create a great visitor experience, the position of a housekeeping attendant calls for a lot of effort, passion, and attention to providing excellent customer service.