Job Summary: As a Farm Equipment Operator, you will play a crucial role in our day-to-day farming operations. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining a variety of farm equipment, ensuring optimal efficiency and productivity. Your exceptional attention to detail and commitment to safety will contribute to the success of our farming operations.
Job Position: Farm Equipment Operator
Job Location: Walton, ON
Company: 1596141 Ontario Inc.
Salary: $18.00 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Operate a range of farm equipment, such as tractors, harvesters, tillers, sprayers, and irrigation systems, to perform various tasks including planting, cultivating, harvesting, and irrigation.
- Follow precise instructions and guidelines to ensure accurate and efficient operation of equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on farm machinery to ensure functionality and minimize downtime.
- Monitor and inspect crops regularly, identifying potential issues such as pests, diseases, or irrigation problems, and report findings to the appropriate personnel.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to minimize the risk of accidents or injuries.
- Collaborate with farm team members to coordinate tasks, prioritize workload, and achieve farming goals.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities, including equipment usage, maintenance performed, and crop progress.
- Assist in general farm tasks as required, including but not limited to fencing, cleaning, and organizing.
- Previous experience operating farm equipment, preferably in a commercial farming environment.
- Strong knowledge of different types of farm machinery, their operation, and maintenance.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and work independently or as part of a team.
- Physical stamina and strength to perform tasks requiring manual labor in various weather conditions.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and address potential issues.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and report findings.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Flexibility in working hours, as farming operations may require extended hours or weekend work during peak seasons.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Retirement savings plan.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
- Relocation assistance, if applicable.
- A supportive work environment that values teamwork and innovation.
How to apply?
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?