Position Summary: We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Animal Care Worker to join our team. As an Animal Care Worker, you will play a vital role in providing daily care, enrichment, and medical support to a diverse range of animals in our care. Your passion for animals, attention to detail, and strong work ethic will contribute to the overall welfare and happiness of our animal residents.
Job Position: Animal Care Worker
Job Location: 2650 Boulevard Marcotte, Roberval, Quebec, Canada, G8H2M9REFUGE ANIMAL
Company: 2420-5155 QUEBEC INC
Salary: $15.50 Hourly
Job type: Full Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Provide daily care and feeding to animals, ensuring their dietary and nutritional needs are met according to established guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for animals, including regular cleaning of enclosures, bedding, and equipment.
- Monitor animal behavior and health, promptly reporting any signs of illness, injury, or abnormal behavior to the supervisor.
- Assist in the administration of medications, vaccinations, and treatments under the guidance of veterinary professionals.
- Implement animal enrichment programs to promote physical and mental stimulation, ensuring a positive and engaging environment for our animal residents.
- Participate in training sessions to learn proper animal handling techniques, ensuring the safety of both animals and staff.
- Provide socialization and companionship to animals, promoting their overall well-being and reducing stress.
- Assist in the transportation of animals for veterinary visits or adoption events, following established protocols.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to maintain accurate records, including animal intake and adoption paperwork.
- Educate visitors about responsible pet ownership, animal behavior, and wildlife conservation, while providing exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience working with animals in a professional setting, such as a shelter, zoo, or veterinary clinic, is highly desirable.
- Passion for animal welfare and commitment to providing the highest level of care to animals.
- Knowledge of animal behavior, nutrition, and basic medical care.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and perform physically demanding tasks in various weather conditions.
- Excellent observation skills and the ability to identify signs of distress, illness, or injury in animals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and on-call shifts as required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to transport animals when necessary.
How to apply?
Marie Ève bouchard
Telephone: (418) 275-3006 Extension: 8404, Email: email@example.com